MARINE HYBRID 4 SOURCES PLATFORM: A WORLD FIRST PROTOTYPE AT SEA
PH4S is the first marine hybrid prototype being tested at sea, it is also a step forward towards the MLiner.
The main objective of PH4S program is to demonstrate the feasibility of the combination of sources and reduction of electricity generation intermittency versus a single source solution.
Start: January 2014
End of sea trials: July 2017 (a total of 2 years of testing)
- Budget: € 1 million
- Size: Length: 6 m – Width: 3.5 m – Height: 9.5 m
- Dry weight: 13 tonnes
- Installed power: 5 kilowatts
KEY FEATURES AND TECHNOLOGICAL BARRIERS
- Based on offshore proven components
- Energy mix (type and size generators, sensor type and size) according to the energy consumption profile and characteristics of the mooring site
- Limitation of renewable energy intermittence through a combination of sources and integrated storage system
- Innovative mooring system for easy installation and energy transfer to the seabed
- Combination of different energy sources through electronic, hydrodynamic or electrical solutions
- Control strategy to optimize overall power generation
Our technologies and work methods piques your interest ? You intend to propose a collaboration on one of your projects?